Reilly Workplace Investigations conducts prompt, objective, and thorough workplace investigations involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistle-blower, and all other types of employee misconduct.
The investigative process involves interviews, gathering of evidence, assessing credibility, and issuing findings of fact that result in a confidential, attorney-client privileged report. Ms. Reilly has qualified as an expert witness and testified as to the best practices in conducting sexual harassment investigations for cases in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Diego County.
Ms. Reilly is available to conduct workplace investigations statewide.
Reilly Workplace Investigations conducts workplace investigations related to:
- Waste and abuse in government contracts
- Violation of contract procurement policies; contract splitting to avoid threshold of Board scrutiny; violation of competitive bidding laws (Public Contract Code)
- Misuse and abuse of public funds, gift of public funds, credit card misuse
- Misuse of public vehicle, travel expense abuse, expense reimbursement fraud
- Employee violations of Penal Code 424 (misappropriation of public funds), Penal Code 72 (presenting false claim to Public Board or Officer), Government Code 8314 (private person’s use of public resources)
- Violations of code of ethics, violation of conflict of interest policies
- Unauthorized, improper use of public property, equipment, or funds for private purposes; improper use of authority for personal gain
- Bribery or the receiving of or the giving of other unlawful gifts or gratuities Falsification of time cards
- Counterfeiting of tennis passes to high-level tennis tournament
- Wage & Hour investigations
- Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation based on FEHA, Title VII, ADA, Rehabilitation Act, ADEA, California Code of Regulations “Title V” (sex, race, color, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, religion/creed, national origin, marital status, etc.)
- Sexual assault/battery
- First Amendment/freedom of expression issues
- Reasonable Accommodation of Disabilities / Failure to Engage in Interactive Process
- California Whistleblower Statute (Calif. Labor Code 1102.5)
Mediation: Ms. Reilly is also available to assist in mediation for parties involved in litigation or pre-litigation employment disputes. Ms. Reilly received her certification in mediation training (42 hours) from Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution.